History of the Building
1936: planned by Mussolini's best architects,
Francesco Mansutti and Gino Miozzo, the building was
originally used for "female physical and mental
training" by the "GIL" (Gioventù Italiana del
1977: Transferal of the property to the Autonomous
Province of Bolzano.
1989: The building is placed under protection as an
1995: Advertisement of the competition for the
restructuring, for which Klaus Kada is selected.
1997: Transferal of the property to the European
Academy of Bolzano.
1998: Laying of the Cornerstone.
13.09.02: Opening celebration.
For more information click here.