The city and its surroundings
Bolzano is the portal to a world without borders, from the green of parks and grapevines to the living rock of the Dolomites. It is located within a monumental valley, and its medieval centre features many colourful shops and traditional restaurants.
Interesting day programmes can be organized from easy historical and natural walks to hiking trails and bicycle tours into the beautiful alpine environment of the Dolomites.
- The Dolomites
- Ötzi, the Iceman. A hunter from 5.300 years ago at the Museum of Archaeology.
- The Museum of Nature, the mercantile Museum and the civic Museum.
- The Castles: there are more than 400 castles in South Tyrol. The city center of Bolzano hosts 3 of them: Mareccio Castle, Roncolo Castle and Firmiano Castle.
- International Ballet Festival "Bolzano Danza"
- International Piano Competition "F. Busoni".
- Concerts of the "Gustav Mahler" Youth Orchestra founded by Maestro Claudio Abbado.
- The regional symphonic Orchestra "Haydn" of Bolzano and Trento.
- Bolzano is the third wine producer of South Tyrol. In spring you can discover more than 300 kinds of wine at the Wine Tasting Fair at the Mareccio Castle.
- The famous Christmas market .
- BoClassic – the International New Year's Eve Run.
More Info: Bolzano Tourist Office, Piazza Walther 8, Tel. +39 0471 307000-1-2. Opening hours: 9.00 - 18.30
Important touristic highlights
If you like to experience the beautiful nature and mountains around Bolzano, just take a trip to Jenesien, Ritten or to the higher mountains Rosengarten or Schlern. It will be an unforgettable experience!